Should I call my doctor if my c section scar burns?

I had my c section on 6/30 of this year, and the past couple days have woke up in the middle of the night from it burning. My husband thinks I am paranoid, and that it is part of the healing process. I dont think I trust his answer. Anyone else go through this?

angieh26

Asked by angieh26 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• I had a c-section and it got infected twice....

If its itches that part of the normal healing, but burning, oosing, funky smell, etc should be check out by your DR in my opinion.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had a c-section too, but my scar was healing so fast and good that you can barely tell i had a c-section. But i remember what my midwife told me about burning c-section scars ect. It could be a healing process. But that seems a little late for your scar. If its really painful then please go to your OB and ask what to do. Its possible that it got infected from inside which could cause the burning pain.

Hope you will be better soon.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• C-section 2 and mine burned but it was with in the 6 weeks after. I would call your doctor in the morining and ask him (if you can talk to him) or his nurse about it and see what you can do.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 9:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008