what age do you change beds

i know my daughter is too young right now, but i randomly got think of.... at what about age is it time to switch a child from a crib to a toddler bed?

grafmom09

Asked by grafmom09 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i switched my daughter into a twin size bed at exactly 1 yr old
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• when they try to climb out of their crib! My dd is 21 months and only now switching to a toddler bed because she tried to climb out of the crib, if she had not tried to climb out she would still be in her crib!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Whenever they climb out of the crib, or when you need the crib for the next baby, or by age 3. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i switched when she started climbing out of it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• for my daughter once she started to want to climb into her crib when it was bedtime. she never tried to get out on her own. so you can wait until she tries to escape. but i got my daughter a toddler bed in may i think it was. she is 2 1/2. she likes the independence and even though she gets out of bed sometimes, she actually does pretty well. she enjoys it.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thank you. my daughter is 8 months old, and we have lowered her crib to lowest it can go and she is always standing in it. how did it go when you switched her, like did she sleep well in it, or did she get out of it and play all the time? im a first time mom so i am not sure how she will act whenever she does get a little older and we do switch her.
    grafmom09

Comment by grafmom09 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• of course she is going to get out of the toddler bed since she can. if my daughter is tired she will stay there. naptime is sometime a problem with her getting up and running around. and even though my daughter basically sleeps through the night, she goes through phases of getting up and coming into our room or crying. i just lay her back down, cover her up and walk out. nothing is perfect science. you still have some time.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my dd did really well in the toddler bed. she liked that she was a big girl and could get up and come to our room if she needed something instead of screaming til we woke up.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ty for everyones advice. you are all so kind.
    grafmom09

Comment by grafmom09 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my dd crawled out at 10 months so switched her to a toddler bed at 13 months and she did great with it
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010