more than 2 choices

Why is it that you only hear about the republican and democrat choices for president? Why do the others get ignored and not even able to debate with the 2 big ones? Is it strictly that they don't have the money the others have? I took the online quiz and it said I line up more with Barr. I had really never heard of him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Because the media won't start paying any attention to any of the third party canidates till more people make their voices heard about how we want to see all of the canidates.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Bob Barr use to be a republican, he's now a Libertarian. I'm not a big fan of him at all. Ron Paul was my first pick, he has endorsed Chuck Baldwin of the Consititutional Party. I like him but I really like Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yes, it is about money. Because with enough money, the "little guys" could get their message out and develop a following. I'm not saying that I would or wouldn't vote for the little guy.... just that it's a lack of money that keeps me from knowing who he is. Me as a mainstream American who doesn't go out in search of him.

married2amarine

Answer by married2amarine at 4:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• When I got my absentee ballot, I was amazed at how many people are actually running for president! And like you said, I have never heard of most of 'em. It is a shame thought. I am sure if they were given more attention, they would probably get more votes! I know a lot of people who are not liking the two majority runners. It's nice to have more than 2 options ;)
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 10:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008