bleeding?

I am 38 weeks with my second pregnancy. about an hour ago I went to the bathroom, wiped and there was some brown discharge. It looks like when you start or ending your period and the blood gets that brown color. There was a good amount. Could this be bloody show? I never had that with my first child. Also, I'm not sure but I think I may have a yeast infection. Up by my "clit" is very tender, sore, and kind of itchy. I bought some Vagisil (after talking to doc) and it seems to have helped the pain. Could the bleeding be from that? I'm having contractions too. Gonna go lay down, drink a glass of water and see what happens in an hour.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 9:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had that too after my dd checked my dialation. i went into labor that day.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It very well could be your mucus plug. Just do what you are going, wait the hour and see, if the contractions go away, not real labor. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yah actually Jennifer I was in l&d yesterday because of contractions, they checked me I was a 1cm and they sent me home. i'm hoping and praying this is it.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• it could be you mucus plug
    Butterflymom101

Answer by Butterflymom101 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• sounds like your mucus plug! Both of my pregnancies, I had the brownish discharge towards the end of my pregnancy. I was told that if it's bright red blood, then you need to be seen asap!
    ang0343

Answer by ang0343 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. It could be your mucous plug and labor is just around the corner.

PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It sounds likie your mucas plug. I would say the baby will be here very soon.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It sound like your mucus plug or "bloody show". Maybe this is it!
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 2:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010