I know I haven't been on CM for very long, but it seems as though some of the moms are down right mean to one another. Does anyone else feel this way? It makes me think twice before posting anything or replying to anyone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yeah,but you have to take what everyone says with a grain of salt. You're taking a chance asking anything on a public forum.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ya some of the women are like that. luckily there arent too many of them. mostly just nice ones.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The way I see it, it's just someone online and not like my best friend or something, so I don't pay too much attention. But yeah, a lot of people on sites like this are mean. I think it's mostly because they know they'll probably never meet the person they're being mean to, so it makes them feel all big and badass.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I just stick to my favorite group, October 09 moms.. we are very supportive of each other!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some are downright mean, some are being misunderstood because you can't read tone into a reply typed on a computer. It's bound to happen with so many different people in one place. Especially on hot topics. Everyone's got an opinion. You just have to accept the fact that you aren't going to agree with everyone. And yes you will find a fair share of trolls on here too. If you really have a question though ask it. Just be ready for the snarky comments as well as the serious ones. You get used to it after awhile.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Welcome here! Yes there aca nbe some unkind ones.. I guess they're everywhere. I've heard some real rubbish spoken to me. I still stayed. But I've seen worse said to others and I find it hurtful! To me Nice Matters at all times! I hope you make many friends and you're happy here! Take Care!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hi! and welcome!

there are some strong personalities here, to be sure. I'm sorry you feel intimidated, but don't. Just post freely, and you'll find some nice ladies that you can enjoy quickly enough!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some of the moms are pretty nasty, but most are great. I try not to get too annoyed with them because we're online && I can't really hit them like i'd like to, so I ignore it.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some are mean. I am sure they just suffer from low self esteem and were picked on in school a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It unfortunately comes with the territory...just try not to take it personal. The same drama existed when I was in middle school and high school..and I just avoided it like the plague.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010