Parents

I have never had a close relationship with my parents. They only showed an intrest in my husband and I when we told them we were pregnant. Tonight my mom and I got in a huge fight. My husband, my daughter and I have to be out of our apartment this week. We bought a house but because of bad communication we don't have a closing date yet. So we asked a close friend to stay with them until our house is ready. I told my mom tonight and she got offened that we didn't ask her. My parents have a 3 bedroom house. My mom and youngest brother sleep in her bed. My sister has her own room and well and my other brother. My father sleeps on the couch. They have a love seat left. She said that we could have slept in the sweltering garage while the baby slept in her room. I get that they want to see the baby but there is no room for us there. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't let her put a Guilt Trip on You- You are doing what you feel is right for your family; she clearly has No Room!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• tell her that if you decide the friends house doesnt work out you will come stay with her, but you already asked them and plan on staying there.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• do what is right for your family i would go and stay with your friend like you had planed to do.
    Butterflymom101

Answer by Butterflymom101 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds to me they have their own issues considering their sleeping arrangments.. I think you made a wise choice in not staying there, so don't feel bad about it...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• arguing good luck with that hun

regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Why can't you stay in your apartment until your house is ready? Just pay the landlord the daily rate. I have done that before when the next place wasn't ready I had to stay in old place another week so I just paid 1/28th per day for rent.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i would let her be offended.... sounds like a very strange situation over there anyway. never mind completely uncomfortable on many levels. you don't have to explain yourself, it's not an obligation. just tell her that you took an opportunity that was presented to you if you feel like you need to tell her anything. why in the hell would you put yourself through all that just to please someone who you don't feel respects you or is truly interested in you? it's YOUR life not hers.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'd tell her your not sleeping in the garage! Just be honest....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Tell her that you already made plans but if something happens you will call. Also, Why didn't you ask her where you would sleep, since there is no room left for the three of you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• oh my gosh....I wouldn't stay with your Mom...and what is the deal with your brother sleeping with your Mom and your Father sleeping on the couch??? That is just wrong. Do they need some marriage counseling?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010