Can you share your protein rich food ideas?

I had lapband surgery earlier this summer and have lost 40+ pounds. However, my hair is starting to fall out from lack of protein. I am eating protein heavy meals twice a day. I really can't eat more than twice a day most days. Any suggestions on food choices besides eggs, ground beef and fish? Most chicken and pork is too tough for me to eat and I can't eat any fiborous meats like certain cuts of steak. Also nothing with skins or seeds and most shellfish is too rubbery.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 10:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Chili is a good one since you can use both meat and beans and then top with cheese. All have protein.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i like to eat roll ups. i get mozzerella cheese and turkey from the deli, sometimes i get american cheese but mozz is less fattening, swiss is the least fattening but i dont like it, so anyway i take a peice of cheese and put turkey on it and roll it up and eat like a little sandwhich yano, cuz i do a no carb diet. i like special k protein bars alot.
    besides that, i dont know.. i eat eggs for breakfast. & i eat lots of chicken and turkey. im suprised that you think chicken is too tough to eat. have you ever a roasted chicken breast? its very soft and juicy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• there's also lots of protein in nuts and peanut butter
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• beans!!!! full of fiber and protein, they are the wonder food. also certain whole grains have protein... check the labels to get the amounts you need.
    congrats on the new healthier lifestyle
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with the others! Eat an apple with peanut putter for a snack, a can of tuna in water has 12-16 grams of protein, beans are awesome... keep a running pot of chili, black bean dip, lentils with seared tuna, all Very high in protein. Make skewers with mozzarella balls, tomatoes, cubed seared tuna steak, basil, drizzle with balsalmis and olive oil, salt and pepper- super tasty.

Tuna steak is super easy an super quick, get it freah at the grocer, and sear it a couple mins on all sides... you want it pink in the very middle. Also tastes great marinated in soy. I think tofu (firm) is high in protein as well?? Not positive on that one.
    Hope you feel better mama!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 10:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Beans, PB, yogurt, rice. Check your labels.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ham and cheese omelettes with sauteed peppers and onions. Lots of protein there too.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You could add beans to almost anything and I think they have alot of protein
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Shakes can be a good source of protein and calcium. And they are also delicious on a hot day.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Quinoa is a high-protein grain; it can be eaten as a hot cereal or incorporated into other dishes.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2010