how old is too old to try & have another baby?

I am almost 35, & have just had a baby. I have a 7 year old daughter. We were told after years of trying for 2nd, that we had secondary infertility. Much to our surprise, we conceived a baby 7 years later. We would love to have another one, given the Lord decides it's the right idea. But how old is too old to try again?

MrsScorpeon

Asked by MrsScorpeon at 10:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Only you and your partner can really answer that question.

I had my youngest at 37. I would have loved a 4th but it was difficult for us ttc the 3rd (think over a year of fertility treatments) emotionally and financially. I have a friend who had her 1 and only at 44. Everyone is different.

I would give it a few months and then start "having fun."
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't think 35 is too old to try for another baby. How old is your new baby? Congrats and good luck!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• he is almost 7months!
    Thanks for your opinions!
    MrsScorpeon

Comment by MrsScorpeon (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If you are healthy, I see no limits....maybe age 50? :-) Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well, I am 48 and have a 6 year old and 3.5 year old. There is a group on here for Over 40 moms with young children - trust me, that group will give you renewed hope. It took my DH and I forever to conceive our first - I turned 42 when he was 1 month old. We decided to try for one year for a second baby - I was pregnant within 3 months and gave birth when I was 44. I am in very good physical shape, had very healthy pregnancies, completely natural births (I gave birth to #2 in less than an hour on Christmas Eve, went home the next day and stuffed, roasted and served turkey dinner to our dinner guests...). It's a personal choice - but many women give birth to healthy babies well into their 40s. You're still very young by many standards.
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 10:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i don't think 35 is too old at all!!! as long as your healthy (that's the biggest issue)
    its hard to put a certain age because everyone is different
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Its not a one size fits all answer. For me it will be 36. But that doesn't mean its the right answer for you. You know your lifestyle, your financial state, your family's situation.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It's up to your body! Some women are still very fertile at 40, some have trouble getting pregnant at 20. There is no set age to be a mom again. As you age you know your fertility does start to decline, your egg supply is lowering and hormones can go wacky but only you can decide when you're done! Good luck!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think that God knows what each person can handle and that the age is different for everyone. I think it is wonderful that you want another child and that you should try again. Best of Luck TTC :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• for me 35 is the limit
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010