OMG! My kitten!

OMG ok, our power has been flickering on and off because of a storm, so I have a tea light candle lit on the coffee table. My fuzziest kitten jumped on the table and landed straddling the candle. My friend leaned forward to grab her before it burned her, and she hunched and a section of her fur went POOF! OMG I freaked out until I realized she was ok and now we're both just sitting here laughing hysterically at her because she's flipping out like "Why do I smell so bad?!" and licking her fur and making faces. I had to share because it was so scary at first, but retrospectively it's hilarious.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen or had it happen to your cat? I feel so bad for laughing, but she's fine. It didn't burn to skin or anything, just part of her fur got singed really bad. I guess you had to be there lol. Am I horrible for laughing after we saw she was fine?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pets

• No! That is hysterical.

We had our window open on the 2nd floor of our apartment to let air in after a hurricane. We had a cat that was asleep on the ledge and another that attacked her while she was asleep. We were sitting downstairs on the stoop when she came flying out the window. This was the funniest thing I had ever seen. BTW she landed on all fours and was only shaken a little bit and never layed in the window again. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my silly cat once decided to sniff the pulled out oven rack as i was removing a pan. i actually heard a sizzle from her wet nose and hot metal meeting. she jumped back quickly and never did that again. lol
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My cat Is crazy! she is clumsy! not like your avarage cat....she will be chaseing stuff she see(nothing really there) and run in to walls a full spead lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ive had cats that have lost whiskers and "eyebrows" from sniffing to close (little retards that they were when babies) but nothing like this, glad shes ok!
    itty_bitty

Answer by itty_bitty at 10:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Are you sure he hasn't been checking out Icanhascheezeburgers.com?

Cat Nuts Pictures, Images and Photos

I mean...even cat can be tempted by peer pressure.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• we had a cat with one eye that would get so close to the candles he would burn all his wiskers. the ones above his eyes too. i guess he just couldnt see the flame. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Too funny! My cat jumped on the table and a paw landed in a blueberry scented candle. Poor thing lost most of his fur on the leg...I felt so bad for him, but I couldn't help but laugh...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• That is funny. My male cat was outside one morning and he was on top of the awning over the porch. All of a sudden you hear him running across it then you can hear his nails scrapping from him trying to stop and then you see him slide right off the side and onto the ground. I guess he forgot to take in consideration the morning dew when he was running.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes, I have a very fat long haired tabby cat that sometimes forgets that his tail is gianormous. It has been stepped on, slightly scorched, mopped and almost vacuumed. He flicks it around not caring where it may land. LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm so glad your kitten is okay!
    We have a cat who is almost 15 years old and is a long-haired tabby. When she was a younger lady, she would sometimes jump up on the counters to see what was going on up there. Once, when I was cooking on the stove, she had jumped up there when I was turned to the other counter. I smelled something funky, and when I turned toward the stove, the long hair on her tail was burning. It had gotten into the flame from the gas burner. She didn't even notice! I freaked out and grabbed her tail with a towel. It apparently just burned the hair and not the skin, but it still scared the crap out of me!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2010