Easy way of finding out whats in my area for kids & registration?

I never did stuff growing up. neither did DH so this is new territory to me..
We are wanting to put DD in something to get her around other kids (especially girls since my friends all have boys!)
How do you know What is available in your area & When the sign ups for the activity?
We just missed the cut off date for ballet in our area .. We are also interested in Gymnastics or anything that would fit dd personality..

I just feel a bit lost! And always 2 steps behind when I do happen to find something out its right past the date..

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Also, most libraries carry a free publication titled Todays Parents or something similar. In this publication there are hundreds of lists of things to do with your children in your area (from ballet to soccer to camps to mommies day out). You could also google "activities for children in (your area). I'm sure you'll get a host of things to do.
    NavyWife0116

Answer by NavyWife0116 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• check your city website for a "recreation department" (or the nearest city) a lot of them have catalogs they send out, and many have their activity catalog online
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We did a lot of different things at the library, basically because it is free. The library usually has flyers and stuff for other types of activities in your area, too.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010