• In the Spotlight:

What is the purpose of warming bottles?

I have no idea.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• i think its bc cold formula cld make the babies tummy sick..
    lovey696

Answer by lovey696 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I always assumed it was to make it more like breastmilk so the LO would take it easier.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 3:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• there is no reason except its a common belief that babies prefer this. i have given both my children cold formula and they had no problem with it as long as it wasn't ice cold. the USDA says not to warm bottles in micro cause it creates hot spots and if u warm it w milk in it you are creating bacteria. i run a childcare and am legally not allowed to warm bottles for these reasons but i give them room temp water that was boiled earlier that night or day.
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 5:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Warming a bottle is not somethng that is a must, but some do it to take that chill off of it I warmed mine. But, part of it was because I was told to by the doctor for the first few months because of trouble feeding. And, My DD just got use to the warm so I kept it up..

Plus the person we lived with at the time kept the frig really cold..,,Warming is up to the parent..It wont hurt either way.
    Anonymous