So tomorrow is my dd's first day of Pre-K

It's an exciting time, yet a bit nerve wrecking. Normal, I know. However, her bio-mom does not have custody of her, but she is aware of where she will be attending school and when she starts. I'm afraid of her showing up and making a scene. My dd's first day of school is going to be difficult enough on her because it's a new thing to adapt to. Any suggestions on what I should do if her bio-mom shows up? I'm at a loss here.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 10:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• gosh i am so sorry. that sucks that she would do that and stress you and your daughter out. maybe try telling your daughter that the bio mom may come and if she does she just wants to see you go to school to and that hopefully everything will go smooth but it sounds like this woman may have caused a scene before so unfourtunally your daughter has pry witnessed this, maybe let her know that this is a possiablity and what to expect. but let her know that you will walk her to her door and everything will be ok. then when you pick her up let her teachers know some of the situation so they know they are dealing with a crazy. good luck..sorry for you and her.
    Troy56

Answer by Troy56 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would let the school know of the situation and make sure that you have it noted on your pick-up person list.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Let the school know. At my son's preschool you can actually put people WHO ARE NOT to pick up your child.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You have to have a copy of the paperwork granting you custody on file with the school.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• if she has no rights, you need to tell the school to put her on the ( not allowed visitor) list!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thanks, ladies. The school has copies of all of the court orders and power of attorney paperwork. My MIL had to take her to school today, but she informed the teachers of the situation, and when I registered my dd, I put her bio-mom's name on the list of people that aren't allowed to pick her up. I'm just fearful that all of that won't be enough to stop her. She's already "extended her visit" with her, I consider it kidnapping because she took off with her for three days instead of bringing her home like she was supposed to. I'm just afraid that I will one day get a phone call or go to pick her up and she won't be there. Or that she'll show up outside of the school and try to make a scene by attempting to take "her daughter" away from me.
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010