Does anyone know how to get references without having a job?

I've been a sahm for 6 yrs. and all that time I knew I needed to volunteer to work up some present references,but I didn't.Now I'm in a bind because I really need a job and it seems nobody will hire me without them.I've tried to volunteeer at my church but EVEN they need references,which I think is a little too cautious!

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 3:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I think that if you know some moms that you have been friends with over the past six years you could ask them. i would also try asking someone from a previous job. If nothing else then I would see if you could volunteer at the school. I know that at my kids school they are always looking for people.
    Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You could volunteer at your local library. Contact a local park (state or county) and ask about joining their volunteer/friends' group. Both would be great references for you to use.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• make them up. use family members with a different last name...
    Anonymous

• i use members from church, relatives and family as references. although they probably are looking for professional references and all you can really do is lie like one person said or just be honest and tell them you have only personal references. good luck. to tell you the truth i rarely had any new employers even call my old ones.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If you find out the answer to that question, let me know because I am in the same predicament
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2008