Has anyone else felt sad after giving birth because they arent pregnany anymore?

I just gave birth to my third child a week ago and have been feeling sad that my pregnancy is over. Has anyone else had this or felt this way after giving birth? I kept saying that I cant wait to not be pregnant, and now that Im not I miss it. Im so happy my daughter is here but something just doesnt feel right and I dont think its post partum depression. Any thoughts?

RyleesMama307

Asked by RyleesMama307 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my friend did the sam thing it was a hard pregnancy and she didnt enjoy it! then she was sad but if it becomes more than jast a little sad talk to your doc k good luck!!!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 10:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My dd is 15 months old and I still miss being pregnant lol. I think it's normal :-) Congrats btw!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I believe it takes about 3 weeks for your postpartum hormones to level off.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh yes I felt that way, I loved being pregnant
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I felt that way both times and I'm pregnant with my 3rd and I'm afraid I'll feel that way again. I missed feeling the baby move and grow inside me. I felt like now I have to share. It made me feel so empty. I'm getting sad just thinking of it.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I most def felt this way probably bc i was robbed of the last 3mnths of my pregnancy..my dd was born early and was in the nicu for two months over an 1hr away from home..so yeah i can relate..be thankful your baby is home and that you can be with her it honestly could be alot worse..i was dependent on someone else to take me to the hospital to see mine for 6wks bc i was not allowed to drive...and the feelings of being home alone without her were horrible...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I loved being pregnant so yes, I missed it! I always tell everyone that says they can't wait to have the baby & to be done with pregnancy that once they have the baby, they will wish they were back in there again! I think it is natural!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh yes! I really did....I think that it is pretty normal to feel that way ~ but keep an eye on it bcs if that feeling doesn't go away in a few weeks, you should tt your doctor about it. Congrats on the baby :D
    crzymmy5

Answer by crzymmy5 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I know I did~ it wasn't as depressing as my ectopic pregnancy but it was depressing
    Val3073

Answer by Val3073 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I always felt relieved but yet kinda sad. After my third I was sad because she is our last altho 3 is enough its just sad to be done! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010