i want a tattoo on my shoulder. Will that hurt? I never had one lol

i been wanting a tattoo lately. I wanted something on my shoulder.. will that hurt? and how does the needle feel like when it goes in and the coloring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• anything close to a bone like that is going to hurt... my sis got a tattoo down her side (by her ribs) and said it was the most painful thing she'd ever done (she's had other tattoos done before that)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• there are areas that hurt worse, but yeah, pretty much all tattoos hurt. It depends on your tolerance level. It doesn't feel like you are being stabbed by a needle or anything, at least not to me. And it doesn't constantly hurt. I have a pretty large tattoo on my back and I was able to sit through and get it all done at one time and was able to talk to my friend all the while. I would definitely say labor hurt worse :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 10:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well... it feels like a needle is stabbing you really, really fast. Yes, it hurts, esp when they go over the bony areas. It hurt a lot worse than the one I got on my stomach.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It hurts but it's not like a screaming pain. The black outlining ink was worse than the color ink when he was doing it. I got mine on my leg. The shoulder, neck, ankle I hear are more painful. I think the worse part for me was laying still for so long.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The best way that I can describe my experience is to me it felt like a bristle brush pushing against my skin.
    I got a small butterfly by my shoulder blade like right between the blade and the neck but not too close to my neck you can see my beautiful butterfly when I wear tank tops. I have no more tatts I wanted one more but I think this one is enough. GL on your future tatt. Go for it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I know I would like a tatoo, but it will be on my shoulder blade~ some people have told me it doesn't hurt that bad, but I guess I will have to be the judge of that when I decide to get it
    Val3073

Answer by Val3073 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have 4 tattoos and 2 of them are on my shoulder, one on the right and one on the left. Both of them took about a hour and getting in on my shoulder didn't hurt at all, it actually tickle when he was doing the outlining of the tattoo and once he started to color it in I ddin't feel anything and that goes with both of them on my shoulder. The one on my right shoulder is a angel with my friend name underneath (this one was my very first one) and the other on my left shoulder is a black tribal dragon with my husband's intails under the claw ( this one is my fourth one). My others are a dolphin jumping out of the water (my second one) and that's on my right leg and on my left ankle and that is a rose ( my third one) this on the bone and it didn't hurt at all.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• When you decide to get a tattoo much sure your going somewhere they don't have body charts because if they do they will charge for the tattoo and the area of your body you want it at.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My shoulder one was my first. It didn't hurt that bad, but yes it depends on your tolerance. The needle goes so fast soon the skin almost becomes numb. The online will be the worst part and they do that first. I had very little body fat at the time as I was only 18, so it was close to bone for a lot of it. Just do it. If you are on here, chances are you are a mom and have experience a ton more pain that a simple tattoo!

Also I have 5 tattoos, shoulder, rib cage, "tramp stamp", ankle and middle of my back. The only one that really hurt was the one on my rib cage.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I got one on hte inside of my arm, all it felt like to me was little pin pricks. I was so excited, and talked thru the whole thing, it was over and done in an hr. I love it. Believe me, labor is a whole lot worse.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010