what is the best thing for strech marks?

mrsroeder

Asked by mrsroeder at 10:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• To prevent-- eat a lot of avocado and coconut

To heal-- time, good diet
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh thank you! i guess i should have said prevent! lol My mom had 3 kids and swore by coco butter lotion.. But i guess diffrent things work for diffrent people?
    mrsroeder

Comment by mrsroeder (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Time! There really isn't a good way to prevent and after you have the baby time will heal the wounds
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ive heard that Bio Oil works very well. Ive also heard vitamin e oil and cocoa butter. GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Nothing topical will prevent stretch marks. They come from the interior layers splitting. Lotion doesn't go into the living tissues beneath. It is all about diet: water, fruit and plant oils, low acid.

I drank a ton of coconut water while pregnant. I got 1 stretch mark 4 days before I delivered... Where I already had a surgical scar (the skin was compromised).
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• you're wasting your time with labeled stretch mark creams. the one ingredient in all of those that helps with the stretch marks is vitamin e and you can buy pure vitamin e oil at any drug store for 6 dollars. aloe vera is also a fantastic source of vitamin e
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Coconut Lotion
    bugsandpirates

Answer by bugsandpirates at 11:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Wow those are all awesome answers. My mother had 3 kids and swore by cocoa butter and never got one strech mark. On the other hand both of my sisters tried the same thing and got plenty stretch marks. So thank you for all your help!! I will try everything! LOL
    mrsroeder

Comment by mrsroeder (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010