Anybody have any tricks for NOT vomiting the three hour Gestational diabetes test?

I failed the one hour with my first pregnancy and had to take the three hour, but in the last hour, I puked all over the floor in the lobby of my doc's office. I'm in a similar situation now, where tomorrow I have to take the three hour test and I really want to avoid puking everywhere this time. Any suggestions?

newrose08

Asked by newrose08 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ask if you can sip some water. Make sure not to drink too much though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I was allowed to have small amounts of water over the 3 hours. Also if you can swing it see if there is a place you can lie down if you feel bad. Good luck I know how bad it sucks, I failed with all 3 babies!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i also got nauseated the last part of the test...you can best believe i had a coke sitting there to help ease my stomach..i managed to last right until the blood was drawn..i honestly think that it was me lookin at that coke that kept me from being sick!! Lol other than that i honestly dont have any ideas but hang in there...its almost over!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Maybe you could suck on some ice chips. Also, try taking deep breaths if you feel sick. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I just got up and walked outside in the fresh air and sipped water. It was bad, i literally fought the vomit..lol..And i was diagnosed with GD :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Don't take it. How badly did you "fail" the first test?

Women metabolize sugar differently while pregnant. Which is weird because many levels are set lower than when not pregnant. Take a look at this journal and do some more reading and decide if it's worth it to take the test.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=997295
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010