should be taken to the dr.

my grandson whose 3 wasnt wearing any shoes and trip over his own feet and roled and hit his forehead as he rolled on the concreate. he now has a goose size egg on his forehead. my 19 year old daughter his mom says hes ok. he wouldnt let me put anything in it like ice or a cold rag. he cried and played afterward.hes asleep now,i just want to be cautious and take him to the drs. what do you think

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 10:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• my boy did that to just watch for vomiting and not being his self goose eggs are good it means it swelled out wards and not in towards hid brain
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'd take him if it was my kid!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The Doctors rule of thumb is that if the knot pops out then it is a good sign. When it's really time to worry is when the knot sinks in instead of popping out. As long as he isn't vommitting or lethargic then It hink he is fine.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Check him every couple of hours just to make sure he can be awaken. Doctors usually say to not let your children sleep afterwards. If he doesn't respond, he will need to go to the ER.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I personally would have taken him just to be safe. a goose egg is big. just my opinon though!
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i would take him to see the doc his mother is 19 she does not know every thing your gm so go
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would to be on the safe side.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2010