Did you delayed your baby's 15 months vaccines?

Hello: I'm a first time mom and of course I trust my Ped and she vaccinated my son on schedule, I never knew what type of vaccines he was getting. Now that I joined a moms playgroup I learned about Autism and vaccines & m fricking out, my son acts normal and its very healthy except that he has over 8 food allergies (milk, soy, gluten, celiac etc). I read that vaccines could be reason of his allergies, however I worry more about autism. Now that I look back my son had strong reactions to vaccines and I don't want him to go thru the same never again. How should I spread his 15 months vaccines (PVC, DTaP, HIB), are they neccesary? he already got all of them before so I guess these are bosters. Please, help me by sharing your experiences and opinions. My mom who is from southamerica said that I only got 5 vaccines my entire life and I'm very healthy at 33. Why soo many vaccines now?. Thanks so much for reading this post

Nenakarina

Asked by Nenakarina at 10:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we do only two at a time, but be prepared for you ped to give you some backlash if you change the schedule. Make up your mind and stick to what you decide!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I stick to the schedule and my son doesnt have any shots scheduled at 15 months?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's more likely that you son has food allergies because of heredity, or because you gave him solid foods too early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When DD gets a "new" shot, I only let her get that one single vaccine. That way if there is an issue, I know exactly what is causing the reaction. She is 14m/o and has still not had her 1 year vaccines. She had a bit of a head cold (just a runny nose) and I wasn't willing to compromise her immune system by giving her the shot then. She'll probably get her HiB nd Hep B boosters in the next month and Get her MMR after she turns 18m/o. MMR is the main one that I will ONLY allow to be givin by itself because that is the one that has the highest instance of reaction. If you want to learn more about vaccines, Dr. Sears has an awesome, un-biased book. I got my copy at Barnes and Nobel. It's just the facts and he puts it in terminology that a non-medical professional could understand.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 10:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010