What kind of sports are your kids into? Do you go to their games?

My oldest son plays basketball and my youngest son plays football~ I am at most of their games. Some away games are just too far away, but we are there when we can be.

Val3073

Asked by Val3073 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I try to be at all of my kids sports. My oldest & middle are soccer players. However my middle moved toward baseball & basketball. Games on Saturday & Sunday pretty much all year long. I enjoy watching them as they grow into the sport. And seeing me on the sides lines makes them happy!
    bugsandpirates

Answer by bugsandpirates at 11:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Both boys play baseball and yes we go to their games.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My oldest and middle play football. They both played in a spring league and I was at all of their games and most of their practices. My oldest is playing football now and I plan on being at all of his games except one when hubby and I will be away. It's also an away game, so my sis who will be babysitting won't be at it, but I am hoping that my sis and bil who live in the city he plays in will be able to attend.

Hubby is upset that he'll miss two games, the same one I will and one when the high school football team he coaches will be playing on the same day in a different city. We do really try to get to all of our kids games and practices and will split up between them so they have at least one parent there. I don't know what we'll do when we have 3 kids is sports, but we'll make it work. It does help that the two older boys are playing football and have their practices at the same place.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My oldest son (15) is in b-ball. He is on a pretty competitive team, and last year they would travel all over the state...when he was in the area, we were at all of the games, but we didn't always travel (we have 5 kids and he is our oldest so traveling could be hard sometimes and very expensive)
    My oldest daughter (13) is in volleyball...she also is on a very competitive team that travels so my answer for her is the same as the above. lol
    My youngest 3 boys (7,9,11) all play basketball. They only play in the city we live in, and we go to all of the games.
    crzymmy5

Answer by crzymmy5 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son played on a travel football league and he took Taekwondo. I went to all his games, practices, etc. I loved them!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My older son (15) is a wrestler and is 10th in the Nation. He is a running back for his HS football team, and he is a catcher and 3rd basemen for baseball. He also participates in track between baseball and football to stay in shape. He has competed in all sports since he was 4. I would say I've probably only missed a total of 20 games/matches in the last 6 years.

My younger son (12) wrestles, is quarterback for his football team and also plays catcher and center field in baseball. He also has completed in all sports since he was 4. He tried gymnastics but he had to choose between wrestling and gymnastics because of the conflicting schedules. Next year he plans to fit in basketball to give it a try.

They are both very athletic and keep us on the go. I don't mind though, they love it, it keeps them in good shape and I enjoy watching them.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Baseball and I am at every game. In the last 6 years, I have probably missed 3 games. It is my job as a parent to be at his games and supporting him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• All 4 of my sons played football, 2 played basketball, 1 played baseball & all 4 ran track. We made every single football game, away (easy to do since they were on Friday nights when hubby was home) and home and home baseball & basketball games. Track meets & away baseball & basketball games were harder because they were during the week and rarely closer than an hour away and started at 3-4p & I cannnot drive for health reasons so I couldn't go to them. If other parents had room for me I would grab a ride with someone when I could. Home basketball and games were easy since the school is 2 blocks away. We don't have a track here so there were never any home track meets.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Both my boys (13&10) play Pop Warner tackle football, sometimes flag football and my oldest plays Basketball for school. I have always been to all their games... my husband has had to work and missed some and he hated it. I also have an 8 month old... I suspect i'll be watching some sort of game for a LONGGG time - it's ok though - I love sports!
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2010