What's your favorite food memory?

something from growing up? something you made? share your stories :)

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 11:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my favorite food memory would be when i was a lil girl i love speggetti and i always made a mess with it. my parents got smart and cut the noodles smaller but i was a smart butt and made it into a bigger mess. lol as i grew up and noticed what i done when i was young i laughed to this very day i still do. hopefully when i have kids they wont do that to me
    heavenlove83

Answer by heavenlove83 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i remember a chocolate chip cookie in my grandma's kitchen. it was still warm enough that when i broke it in half the chocolate chips dripped apart....yummy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thanksgivings and Christamases at my great grandparents house with the extended family...which was large. We had so much fun! My great grandmother's kitchen was huge! One whole side (stove top and counter was filled from one end to the other with wonderful dishes and the buffet was covered with a mind boggling array of desserts. We did old-fashioned, homestyle holidays and I miss us all being together so much!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My brothgot in trouble and got sent to his room. We had fried chicken that night. He went upstairs to a closet where there was a hole in the floor that went into the kitchen... Another brother tied a piece of chicken to the string the first brother dropped down through the hole. The best part... my mom's face when she saw fried chicken being pulled up into the kitchen ceiling!!!! It was hilarious!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 11:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Honeymoon Hamburgers. My favorite uncle & my father were very close. They went everywhere together, When they went out they never came home without a bag of those delicious hamburgers. My uncle always insisted on waking me up to give me one. They were very simple burgers with just onion pickle & mustard,but oh boy were they good!!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• when i was little my mother drank a lot but every now and then she would wake me up in the middle of the night and call it midnight breakfast we would have pancakes french toast bacon and eggs it was great i loved it i cant wait till i can do it with my kids!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My favorite food memory is making Christmas Dinner to leave for Santa..... My dad and i would make chop suey and leave it with a beer for Santa... one of the fondest memories I have of my father....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My grandma made fried apple pies. The recipe died with her.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My favorite food memory is of my Grandma's homemade bread and chiken and noodles
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My dad making us all wait right before we'd chow down on Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, and right before my mom would light our birthday cakes so he could take pictures of everything. Many manilla envelopes full of pictures of food.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2010