Does anyone have good solutions for insomnia?

I have had insomnia since my husbands first deployment over seas and now I cant get rid of it. I have tried everything to include perscription to over the counter meds and nothing works. HELP!!!

spowers43

Asked by spowers43 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• i have a self hypnotic technique that i use in times of great stress! it has been working for me for over 20 years now...no drugs!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Everything?
    There are literally dozens of drugs that can be used to treat insomnia. If you tried one and it didn't work, try something different. If you tried Ambein, try a benzo rather than a hypnotic (valium or klonopin).
    Try valerian root and melatonin combined.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• have you tried going to a specialist? if one kind of medicine didnt work then they need to keep tryign until they find somethign right for you. my mil had the same thing after she got cancer she jus couldnt sleep anymore so now he had been going at diferent doctors for abotu 3 years withough any diference he would go to speciallist to naturalist and just regular doctors. now he foudn one that gave her meds and send her for massages because she was very tense and so now she is sleeping
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010