Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have posted in the past. I just got married last weekend. I am also having a baby in 3months. There is a jealous ex that thinks the baby is his. and told me we did stuff when i passed out. I dont belive him one bit. anyways he threatned me with a lawyer. already filed harrassment charges against him. so can he barge in the hospital and order a dna test? or does it have to be done threw a court? can his lawyer give him that right 3months from now to get the test done. I know this baby is not HIS! He is just doing this to me out of spite and can careless

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • Has to be done in court. Burden of proof is on him. Please tell your husband about this so it wont be a surprise!

    Answer by salexander at 3:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • So why not just get the test done to prove to him that it's not his and then you can get rid of him for good!! JMO, but that's what I would do. If you're not comfortable with that, then let him take you to court to get the test done. That's a more vindictive thing to do ;) He'd have to pay for the court costs and the test and all that. Either way, I would suggest just doing the test and getting it over with so you can move on and not have to deal with him anymore. Good luck!

    Answer by WadeMom313 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • Also, I doubt he would take you to court, because if he believes it's his because he did stuff to you while you were passed out, that's rape, and the judge will call him on that, and he'll go to jail.

    Answer by WadeMom313 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • I'd rather him pay for it then cause a scence there. I know the truth and he is such a liar. what is legal aid? some one suggested that i go to them

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • Most likely in court. Also - he may try to tell you that they can get you to do a test in-utero - that is NOT true. It is as dangerous as an amnio - and your doctor can forbid it.

    Answer by Fawn80 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • call the court house about legal aid. they can tell you how to apply. if he did have sex w u while u were passed out that is rape. call him on it. most likely he'll back off but you do need to talk to your husband about this if you haven't already. if u know nothing happened theres nothing to worry about except that hes harassing you.

    Answer by marykaysauer at 3:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • The next time you encounter this idiot, make mention to him that IF this child was his, then he raped you...if you were passed out while he did things to you, this is considered RAPE!!! Call his bluff and don't allow this fool to interfere with your life...

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • Let the hospital staff know what is going on when you are admitted...they will not allow him through the doors. He can file an action now for a parentage test and you will recieve notification throught the mail. You never even have to see him for the test. Also depending on your state there are marriage laws. Like in Texas...your legal husband is considered to be the father, reguardless of parentage test. Your husband would have to grant permission for the test to be done..and if it came back that your ex was the father, your husband would have to choose to terminate his rights before the ex can be made the legal father. So in Texas reguardless of who the bio father is, the marriage is enough evidence that your husband is the legal father.

    Answer by megmckn at 4:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • How did you find that Info out? I am from Pa, do you no what the rights are there

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008


    Answer by IMANGELEYEZ at 4:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships