how can i get over him and move on with my life and be happy..... i love him but i know he will never change. he blames everything on me ;(

i gave birth to my son 2 months ago. and it was the greatest gift ever. i mean it has been alot of sacrifices and changes for me but i wouldnt change it for nothing in the world. my son's father is unpredictable one minute he acts as if he wants this picture perfect family and the next he acts so distant. weve known one another since high school its been seven years. he has made alot of promises but has hardly done anything. i try to walk away but i always tend to end up back in his grasp. i start back to work next month in september and im finishing up my bachelors degree in the next few months. i already have my associates degree and plan to get started on my masters after i graduate with my masters. he doesnt appreciate me. im a hardworking young woman. i guess ive stayed with him for this long because he is all i know when it comes to being with a man. im getting sick and tired. i want him to change but i know i cant m

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• you have got to start dealing with the reality of the situation which has been long in the making. he is not a man of his word, he doesn't appreciate you, and he is not going to magically become the person you want him to be. you're smart and you're growing in your life and you will be okay, better than okay, without him. you can do so much better than being held back and dragged down by a wish that will never come true - not with him anyway.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• That's a male for you. Never too much control.
    You woman cook ugh.
    Woman ====ugh, doormat....ugh
    Woman only stay in job ==when man say to,=== uhhhhhgh
    Woman so nice she put up all me do=== ...ughhh
    Me TARZAN ====you , ???? what was name , me forgot uggghhhh
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Girl, sounds like you are headed no where but UP! You're moving forward, and it sounds like the only thing in your life that isn't is him, and if you don't watch out, you may find he is beginning to hold you back! Don't become that woman who stays around just because it's easier. You're getting a very nice college education, and deserve someone who appreciates you, your hard work and aspires to be a better person and encourages you!
    KrhMsh

Answer by KrhMsh at 11:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No dear, you won't listen to him, he cannot control , because you are going on and doing something smart, so noting wrong with that, just LISTEN to you heart, and MIND especially, I've seen so many good things go well when a great woman made it !! She was that woman who did the very things you are into, and you've started. These aren't shameful advancements. You aren't just a person that has a brain, but one that can use it for your very best intentions.
    Please don't let him CURL WORDS that are smart around your good intentions, unstable men do that when his insecurity sets in.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Cut the dead weight. I know it will be hard but it is best for you and that little gift you were given. You are working your butt off to improve yourself in every aspect of your life yet you continue to stay with a man that is dragging you down.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• drop that dead beat and get you a real man. why do you waste your time. he'll only bring you down. high school is over, this is real life.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree...listen to your mind and not your heart. Your mind is ALWAYS right when it comes to love. Maybe dropping him for a while will give him a chance to appreciate you a little more, and you a chance to clearly see if you even want to make it work w him. You've got a lot on your plate, and quite frankly, the future of your baby and education is WAY more important than a guy.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 1:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You may have to make a tough decision and leave. I know it will be hard. But why be married to someone who is not consistently nice to you? You deserve so much more. There are guys out there who are wonderful and you can find them as soon as you start to realize you can do better and that you're truly wonderful as well.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010