Halloween Party for children.

I have a 3 and 2 year old. The world isn't like it used to be and you can't trust everyone so I was thinking of having a halloween party at home for children. Anyone ever do this before? How did it go? And what did the children do? I can't just have hours of sweets.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I have never had one but I will give you some ideas! They can paint small pumpkins, bob for apples, play any party game and do a halloween theme, you can even do a pinata. They can do little art projects.....I take my kids trick or treating but when they were 2 and 3 their day care had a party and thats some of what we did! It was fun
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• u can wait for all the kids to arrive.. do trick o treating all together including moms because if you dont wanna do that some moms might not go till after their kids are done doing their trick o treating and could be late then order pizza and have a "dirt cake"
    some sausages with bbq and include some of those games or be creative withe the cupcakes

i did a dirt cake and i added gummy worms spider rings and eyeballs or chocolate its soo fun!
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Excellent suggestions! :) Make sure to include glow sticks (from the dollar store) as goodies :)

Kahne
    www.31bagsonline.com
    Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 8:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I used to have a party every year for my kids. We played games, one was to pair up, one child was given a roll of toilet paper and made the other child into a mummy, the first one done won. We had a costume parade with prizes for cutest costume, funniest costume", "best costume", and as they got older "scariest" costume. I bought the little mini pumpkins, and had the kids decorate them with markers, sometimes they decorated cut-out cookies or cupcakes. I found that a lot of parents really appreciated the party because they weren't thrilled with trick or treating either, and often offered to bring food or help with the party in some way.

Have fun!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Those are great ideas and I think fun for all ages. They don't have many friends they're age because they aren't in school yet but hopefully they make some by October. Thanks for your wonderful suggestions @Hill2
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010