i shouldnt have to call or text my sons father to tell him how his son is doing and if he needs anything. shouldnt the father be doing that if he is really interested????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes...I think if he were interested, he'd make the effort to ask if you need help or how your son is doing. If you don't need the help and your son is fine, healthy & happy, I would just stop updating him. If he's responding to you, then simply say to him "hey, I need you to ask sometimes how he's doing and if you can help" - simple as that. If he's not saying anything back to you, I would just stop. It would seem like he's not too concerned on his own. I know its tough; I'm going thru something similar, but instead I'm preg. Its frustrating and hurtful. Don't stay awake @ night or spend anymore time worrying about him not caring enough, just continue taking care of your baby.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When I first got divorced I spent years keeping the ex up to date about the kids and would call him about everything...Then it hit me!! he was never calling the kids!! so I stopped calling him and he has never called the kids and it has been yrs and the only time he see's his kids is because of his parents. Also all visits were because i called and asked "do you want your kids" he would say " yes" and they would come back with all sorts of stories that were just not good...I wasted yrs thinking of ways to be a good ex wife and making sure my kids saw their dad...but bottom line! is the man needs to be left alone to WANT to be with his kids and they will see things for themselves how they really are....those kids are now 17.19.23 and they finally see things at face value
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yesss...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If he wants to know about his son then he needs to pick up the phone and ask.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• There is no where in court orders that states a parent has to text another parent regarding child. Phone calls yes, texting no.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes..... the next time tell him he's going to have to call you instead of you calling him. Communication is a two-way street.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You only need to have a brief conversation as it is for the children's sake, but he cannot turn that against you. it is stated in most separations and divorces!! That is nothing that people need if peace is to be kept.

Simple yes, he's fine, and he'll see you on the next visit / whatever arrangement, blah blah, ......You can just say, "--=----' you may only text him once per visit and I'll text once back to you" ( iF NOT things may get too personal. JMO
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think two people who have a child need to be mature enough to talk to eachother about that child. You both may not get a long, hate eachother, whatever, but this is your child and you need to communicate, it is really important for your childs sake that you communicate. Put the pettyness aside ad jut text/call/email the father about the child. Your kid can only benefit from you both being on the same page when it comes to your childs life and future.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Are you dating my ex?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• . i think it is important to keep the lines of communication open when you are raising a child but noti n the aspect of you having ot do all the communicating.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010