WHY DO BABIES KICK MORE AT NIGHT??

I CANT SLEEP AT ALL.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's a couple of things. #1. you aren't moving around,your relaxed and are more aware of any movements #2. since you are still and not walking around rocking the baby to sleep,they wake up.

I have a cute story.With my 1st child I was around 7 months and I was standing still looking at something and there was a loud sound all of a sudden and the sound scared my baby & he jumped inside me.I thought it was the coolest  thing! I also loved when my babies got the hiccups when I was preg.

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• They're asleep when you're up and moving around because your movements are basically rocking them and keeping them asleep most of the time. At night, you're lying down and the lack of activity makes them want to be up and moving around in there.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Some times it's just that you are more aware of it bc you are trying to be still and a busy day distracts you from feeling the tiny kicks.

also, your daily movement soothes the baby to sleep.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• They really aren't kick more. You are not moving around so you are more likely to notice the movement more.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i know my little girl is the same way do you know what your having my son wasnt so bad
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 12:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Because they're letting us know what we're in for. Lol.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• because they aee out to get us! They are preparing us for what comes when they are born. lack of sleep
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• *are
    mommy_of_two388

• Just to reflect since I have teens, I would love to feel that feeling, just for like a minute or two, just one more time. That was the most amazing time. Oops,,sorry you cant sleep though. Dont worry on the flip side I had a boy too and he was super active, kicked the heck out of my ribs. Im talking about the flutter kicks...:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I feel for you! My daughter had kept me up until nearly 5 am for the past three nights.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010