I got the shingles and it driving me nutts ! just want to if my kids can get it ?

i found out Sunday i have it and just want to any thing about it and make sure my kids don't get it and no what can do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• They can get chicken pox from it. My brother and I caught them when my mom had shingles. However, we weren't vaccinated either.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My kids all 3 had there shots For the chicken pox ... I hope they still can't get it !
    Countrygirl30fl

Answer by Countrygirl30fl at 12:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• First of all keep the house clean!!!! I guess you could take something for the itching too. It wont kill your kids if they get it even if they had the shots or not. People do survive. Also I don't think it ever goes away. It does stay in dormant time period and if the right conditions in your body appear it will break out. For example if you are under lots of stress, a messy or dirty house. Don't forget to wash the clothes. basically practice good hygiene not only on yourself but teach your children too that it is important to be clean and stay clean. You can't help what others do in their homes, or who or whom they come in contact with, but do your part in staying healthy and clean and not over loading your stress. Just remember that God says This too shall pass, but also a clean home brings less germs into it too.
    Sarephina

Answer by Sarephina at 1:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Hi I had it just a few weeks ago. My dr. gave me some pain pills and a antivirial med. It cleared up in about 4 days completely. I have five kids and a husband and none of them got it. I think as long as you keep everything clean and dont let them near the infected part you should be ok. I hope yours is not to painful. This was the 8 time i had it and finally went to the dr this time.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 1:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i try to keep my house clean and we have my brother in law and his 3 boys living with us for now ... i want let no one touch me in the house ... my 4 year old little girl she want too so bad ... it break my heart ... oh i get bad head aces and all i want to do is strash it so bad ! and when i leand front i get really lite headed .... some one told me if i had chicken pox it was in my body asleep and something woke it up and it driving me nutts !!
    Countrygirl30fl

Answer by Countrygirl30fl at 1:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• thank you all for listen to me ....
    Countrygirl30fl

Answer by Countrygirl30fl at 1:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Nobody in your family can get shingles from you, but they can get chickenpox if they come in contact with the sores, especially if they aren't vaccinated against chickenpox. You have to have had chickenpox to get shingles (it's kind of like a reactiviating of the virus).

My husband had shingles on his face and neck when our first child was 6 months old (and too young to have the chickenpox vaccination). He just tried not to pick her up, kept her away from his face, and washed his hands often. She was fine and did not come down with chickenpox.

And I hope you feel better soon. I had shingles 10 years ago, and I remember how itchy and painful it was. But if they have you on antiviral medicine, you shouldn't feel bad for too long.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• well all 3 of my kids got there shots for the Chickenpox .... i had chickenpox when i was young and my family said i had it pretty bad ! im going to the Doctors tommorrow To find out more ... Thank you all for telling me this .... God bless you all !!!

From Michelle S
    Countrygirl30fl

Answer by Countrygirl30fl at 11:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010