At home or away? Party question

Please read entirely-

My son wants a golf birthday. It is pretty hot this time of year, and the local putput place isnt the best spot. So, I thought

1 Have a golf theme party at home. but seriously we would have to buy golf clubs!

2 there's an indoor glow golf place up the road a bit. but i hate being rushed out of parties, like ok heres your cake, bye- but its at a mall and it would be fun.

Ideas?? Thanks ladies. My son's turning 6. If it were up to me, we'd go swimming. Still thinking about it :) But I like it to be their day and kind of their ideas...

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• You could take your son to the indoor golf place & do it without scheduling a party. That way you can take your time & skip the party expense. We've taken our daughters to a skating rink & bowling alley for their b-day parties & we didn't schedule a party with the places. We just paid for each child's admission & skates/shoes. You could get pizza or some ice cream somewhere in the mall or drive to a nearby restaurant to eat (many places will allow you to bring in a cake). When we had the bowling party, the bowling alley allowed us to have pizzas delivered. They gave us a table to use for gifts & food. When we did the skating party, we came back to our house for a slumber party afterwards. We picked up pizza on the way home & had it with cake & ice cream. We limited the # of kids so that my husband & I could transport all of the kids in our 2 cars. If you can avoid having any part of the party at home do it; less mess & stress.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i would go with the indoor place, and schedule it according to your preferences.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would go with the golf place outside of the home. Less mess, no clean up & the kids will love it! :)

Kahne
    www.31bagsonline.com
    Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 8:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2010