Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wierd question about welfare

I am married i have three kids who are not my husbands. My ex does not pay child support and never will. However, we are struggling right now and my husband pays his child support and supports his kids. We finacially are having troubles. Because his kids have to come first. I lost my job and he makes to much money to qualify with me for welfare til i can get a job. Does anyone know if i can get any assistance from health and welfare to help out with my kids? So stressed!

Answer Question

Asked by dolphinkisses at 12:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 4 (31 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • if any of your kids are under 5 then apply for WIC, have you taken your ex to court over child support?

    Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • I don't believe so. As long as you are married, or living with another able-bodied working person, they will always consider all income. You can, as the above mentioned, apply for WIC. Otherwise, I hate to sound rude, but get out there and hit the pavement, so to speak. I know some areas are having hard times with jobs, but there are always other alternatives, such as babysitting in your home. Good luck.

    Answer by m-avi at 1:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • no they are 16 12 and 10. Yes I have tried and he is claiming disability the kind from the government not the kind that he worked for if that makes any sense. Basically they told me that he has nothing and they cant do anything. Because he is disabled.

    Comment by dolphinkisses (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • write a letter saying you and DH are seperated go to bank gt it notarized go to welfare get a check.

    Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • You can draw child support from some one on disibility. It's a lot of paperwork and it will probably be only a small amount but it is possible. Start with the social security admin.

    Answer by zadesmom1998 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • My ex is on disability and I get child support from him. I had to be a B#$@! to the state and not let the issue rest. But, I finally got it. Good luck to you.

    Answer by freakymom at 5:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.