I will wait for as long as it takes but do you think that there is still a possibility?

I have been hanging out with this guy for the past 4 days. I have known since we were little. We are both single parents & he just got out of a relationship (he's been taking it hard). When we hung out, he would treat me like a gf & stay the night. Lastnight I had a bad feeling cause he was being offish. Today I texted him & asked him if something was wrong, he said yes, that he didn't want to talk about. I texted him again & told him that I know that I am probably not what he was expecting but if he doesn't want to do this, I understand, that I want him to be happy. He told me to calm down, that he has a lot going on, that he feels bad, that he's rushing into a relationship. I asked him if he wants to be just friends & he said, yeah for right now, that he likes me but he doesn't know who he is anymore. I asked if it was because he wasn't ready for a relationship or because he didn't want to be with me and he said, not ready.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, if he says he's not ready then I would take his word for it and give him some space. The fact that he just got out of a relationship means that he's probably not dating material. Sorry.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He doesn't want to hurt your feelings he is not confused. Men know what they want and if they're struggling with a decision you should not desperately wait for them to figure it out. Move on and find someone that will know they want to be with you without any doubt at all. Don't let him continue to use you.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He might really really like you and because he still has emotional baggage with someone else he might just want time to deal with that before he jumps into another relationship again. Or he needed a rebound, most people do, and now he needs time to himself. So many possibilities to all of this. But what we know is he needs his space so respect that and let him contact you when he's ready.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He didnt say that he didnt want you at all. He said that he was not ready and you should respect his honesty. Some many ppl jump from one relationship to the next wiothout giving themselves time and space to heal it just drags old baggage into a new relationship. be patient and be there for him. He has interest in you but like you said he has taken the break up hard let him heal firt before trying to get him to committ to another relationship without being given time to grow and learn from the last relationship. GOOD LUCK!!
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Take your time and enjoy your friendship until he is ready.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Wow if you continue to be pushy and have low self esteem then you bet your gong to loose this guy as a future boyfriend.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 9:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• well maybe he is not ready but if the time is right & meant to be you 2 will be together just be he friend & take it slow for know & see where it goes & let nature take its course GOOD LUCK i hope it works out for :-)
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010