I ahve a bat in the house how do I get it out!!

It is flying above my girls....

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 1:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Throw a coat or blanket on it and then take it outside.

Bats are very useful to have around, they eat lots of bugs. But I certainly wouldn't want one in my home. Hope you get it out soon!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• open a window and guide it out with a broom. be sure to clean anything it touches and anything it poos on, they carry a lot of germs!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Call the police, they will know what to do. (They will probably call animal control).
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Open a window, try to let it fly out. Get your kids into another room away from it! Honestly, my mom used to smack them with a broom, done. I would try to be more humane but whatever you have to do.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• did it work? all of their answers were right- either turn the lights off and it will settle - then throw a blanket over it and shake the blanket outside or turn the lights on and it will settle then the whole blanket thing - and wash everything really well! good luck!
    newmama321

Answer by newmama321 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree I hope this is not a trick since you put in it just for fun. And why are you asking us when u need to be trying to get get it by any means necessary.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I had that happen. Turned out we had a bunch in the rafters. Had to get a professional to get rid of them...no further problems.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 5:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• get the vaccume and house out. Suck it up then take it outside.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank you for all the options. it would not land where we couls get it so I headed to walmart to get fishing net at 2 am. by the time I got back he had killed it!!!!!
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010