Have any of you breast fed without issue post breast reduction?

I had a breast reduction a little over a year ago. Up until I got pregnant my breasts were numb and now they are really sore, swollen, and resemble the characteristics of over filled water balloons.

Should I take all this discomfort as a good sign? May it be possible for me to breast feed my baby?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wish you luck. I think it depends on the type of surgery you had. When I had mine, my nipples were removed and put back on. When I had my daughter I had very little milk in one breast and none in the other. There are some women who have been lucky enough to have the milk ducts reattach though.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 10:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I've heard that you can't after the surgery, which is why I'm putting it off another few years until I'm sure I'm done having kids. If that's not really true, I'd love to know. I'm so tired of people seeing me for my boobs first, brain second.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• It all depends on how they did your surgery. Can you call the doctor that performed your reduction and find out? If your milk ducts are intact, you should have no nursing woes.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2008