For those moms who work from home: how do you manage to work while looking after your one year old? I gave up; I now work after he goes to sleep, but this does not leave much time for sleeping...

TurgenevGirl

Asked by TurgenevGirl at 2:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 3 kids and I am a stay at home work from home mom.. I have a play room for the kids that when I need to work they go play in the play room.. they have all there toys and a tv in there.. without cable so I get to monitor what they watch.. but it works great for me.. the nice thing is my office desk it right next to the play rooms door so I can see and talk to the kids the whole time but keep the house cleaner by not allowing them to run around like crazy girls.. lol.. It works great! Also during nap times work good too..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I start working from home on Monday. I am a bit worried about this too. My DD is only 4 months and needs constant attention. I guess I won't be sleeping either.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Well, I use redirection a lot when I'm working, for instance, each of the girls has a lap top, and a toy cell phone, so while I'm working they "are" too. You know, they want to be like mommy. Also, keep a schedule, so they know what to expect, and use a baby carrier to help you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2010