have you abused your child?

Im just curious who has gone too far in punishing your child. appear anonymous if you want. just to make it clear no i have not so thats not why im asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• um NO and NEVER
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well, lets see. There is mental abuse. Nope, I never put my children down and told them they were no good,etc.e Thres verbal abuse. I never cussed at them, told them bad things, all the verbal crap, nope never did that. But I will admit to yelling a little too loud sometimes when I got scared about something they were doing. Physical abuse. Nope, never hurt my child in any fashion. I may have hurt their feelings with a spanking when they needed it, which wasn't often,but, nope never did I abuse them in anyway.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I did it once. I'd been feeling myself starting to loose control and one day I just snapped. I immediately felt an inch tall and cried and hugged my daughter. A few days later I had an appointment with my Dr. I explained what happened and told him how I'd been feeling and was diagnosed with PPD. 6 months on the Happy Pills and I was normal again. That was 3 years ago and asking for help was the best thing I ever did.
    Now I know my warning signs when my composure starts to slip a little. I keep a supply of my Happy Pills and every few months might have to take a couple. For the most part though I'm back to being a happy mommy. I might loose my patience every now and then like most mommies do but I haven't lost it like I did 3 years ago.
    I'm not proud of what I did but if sharing my story might help another mom whose scrolling through here I'm willing to share :)
    Anonymous