My 3 yr old pees on the floor help

ok so I recently stopped my son from using those seats that sit on top of the toilet. So now whenever he has to poop he pees on the floor. its coming between the seat. and I just cant get him to hold it down so the pee will go in the toilet help!!! Because its driving me crazy.

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 2:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Give him back his little seat. Did his butt grow a few sizes in the past few months? My 3.5 year old still prefers to use the potty for his BMs and really, who the heck cares what kind of seat they use? Whatever makes them comfortable. Think about it: he is trying to have a BM, he needs to brace himself on the toilet to push and to make sure he doesn't fall in, AND he needs to hold his penis down so he doesn't pee all over the place. How many hands does he have? Come on, give him back the small seat so he feels more secure or the potty. It's either that or put towels on the floor...
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 7:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree with Lisa. Unless you feel comfortable holding his penis down for him, use the little seat.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Ok so I gave it back today. He was so sweet . he goes mommy can i have my spiderman seat back so i wont pee on the floor. I guess I just want him grow up to fast. plus he has I cant I dont want to mind set and I want to break him from that. I have to tell him Yes u can just try.
    Sky_Mom

Comment by Sky_Mom (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Mine leans foward so he is automactically aimed down into the pot.
    jasonsmommom

Answer by jasonsmommom at 9:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ok i'll try that next time
    Sky_Mom

Comment by Sky_Mom (original poster) at 2:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010