I don't FF but I think I should let people know

I have been following soy research for a couple years now. Scientists believe that soy, in large amounts, like when a baby only has soy formula, or an adult eats a bunch of soy based foods, may lead to problems later.
1. babies consuming soy formula, primarily, have an increased chance of developing early hormone development, yes this means boobs
2. In adulthood may lead to brain aging.

Those are the top two concerns that scientists are studying.

It is now being said that there is an increase number of young children with breasts in China, as read in The Stir, and it is from formula.

Now from my research it is not the actual soy that is causing this hormone increase but the pesticides used for the soy that causes it.

So it is recommended to buy organic soy formulas if you can.

Not a question I know, but I have been following this for so long and finally there is more proof so I want to inform you ladies.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you read of a link between soy formula and low testosterone production in men? I've seen one study that shows that ferrets (I think it was) who were fed soy formula as babies had very low testosterone production versus the ones who were fed regular formula had normal levels. Makes me wonder if there is more studies out there. My husband has no medical problems yet makes almost no testosterone. He was fed soy formula as a baby.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank but a year too late for me
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i tried so hard to breast feed but it did not work out for me. i found out late what i was doing wrong so that didnt help. my son did not have soy formula though.

i hope i can breast feed the whole time with my second
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I hope you can too MoMoFu, I had an easy breezy time, but my mom tells me horror stories of bleeding nipples, uggh I can't imagine but she continued and BF me for over a year w/no supplementing. Good Luck, Find a local LLC and BF within the first hour your baby is born, I dont know why, but the nurses were making a big deal about it. :)

And I hope people found this useful. I based 3 of my college speeches off of this study so I am glad that there is more proof now.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Science is a slow process but since I started following this 2 years ago much progress has been made, and they can't really do a PSA until there is proof proof proof because, you know how people are, sue happy and such, so there won't be any government recommendations or restrictions until more can be proved but we're in the right direction.

Interesting about the testosterone levels, hmm, even more knowledge on the topic, thank you. I read about brain aging, increase in Alzheimer's.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 4:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm so lucky.I was built to breed. Child birth and breast feeding come really easy to me. It's funny, I would have assumed the soy would be the healthier option.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010