Bed Bugs???

One of my friends just found one of this little bug on her house she call to the exterminator today and got her house treated, but I am afraid to go to her house, what if I carry back to my house one of those insects?. She keeps asking me what to do and I have no idea, anyone here knows how to get rid of those horrible creatures? I really want to help her but I don't know how or what to say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• unless there is a hige infestation, I don't think you can carry them back, there has not be like a significant amount, from what I read but spraying rubbing alcohol and using a blow dryer on ifected areas should kill them. Good luck.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree I have been told the same thing,but please be careful they can travel. One bug can lay thousand I heard on T.V. You can buy clothes out of the stores and bring them home.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The only way to get rid of them once they're in your house is to heat the house to a certain temperature for a certain amount of time. I'm sure you could probably look it up online of how hot and how long it has to be. My friend's step dad works maintenance for some apartments and he's had to do it before. I think he had to use a special machine to get it as hot as it needed to be.

My husband stayed in a hotel while working out of town. They had bed bugs and I wouldn't even let him bring his bags into the house. I think if she had an exterminator come, you should be pretty safe though. I don't think they even have a chance of surviving that heat from what I've heard.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010