my 15 month old keeps getting a temperature on and off, has diarrhea when he drinks his milk and is extremely irritable at night. Dr. says its a virus but could he be teething? I feel so helpless when he is crying and i am not sure why.

sliv0422

Asked by sliv0422 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could it be that he is allergic to milk? Have you tried soy based formula? I would keep a diary of what he eats and when and then any symptoms so you could find a pattern.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• when your baby is sick u shouldnt be giving him or her milk just water
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He is not on formula anymore just regular milk
    sliv0422

Comment by sliv0422 (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• sounds like teething but is hard to tell, go with what you feel!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Whole milk is a little heavier then the formula there may be something with the whole milk but when my DD was teething she did have flu like symptoms so i would just keep a close eye on the child and see if it maybe teething. Some child have it rough when there teething and some you wouldn't even know they were cutting teeth. I hope that is just teething.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• he could be just getting use to the fact from changing from formula to whole milk and he could be teething cuz my son always starts crying for no reason especially at night
    ryansbabygurl88

Answer by ryansbabygurl88 at 4:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010