Military Mommas

Our healthcare is free. Even stationed overseas it's free for me to give birth on base. So, what I'm wondering if any of you paid to have your baby at a birthing center or paid to have someone come to home to help you birth your baby, knowing that it was free to go to a hospital. What were your reasonings if you did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hospital staff are very controlling. If you can have a home birth with a mid-wife and you really want to do this, research it and talk with a local midwife. Everything I have heard has been positive about home births. Your child can even be there if you want her to. Can't hurt to shop around.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The reason I ask this is because I had my first child in a hospital and was forced to lay on my back to push, even after begging them to let me stay on my side. They still turned me over for contractions to push. My Dd ended up getting stuck and I had to be cut to get her shoulders out and I couldn't see her for an hour after the birth (in which time they gave her formula even though I specified breastfed) because they wanted her to be seen by pediatrician because they were afraid she dislocated her shoulder. She was fine. I literally only saw the top of her head for an hour after she was born... and I don't want that to happen again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• idk maybe the hospital takes tricare find out call tricare it varies
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010