WOULD YOU REALLY ACCEPT A WALMART ENGAGEMENT RING FROM YOUR FIANCE?

I LOVE MY FIANCE SO MUCH AND I KNOW HE IS VERY POOR, EVEN THOUGH IT RUINS MY CHILDHOOD IMAGE OF A BEAUTIFUL FANCY RING AND WEDDING..BUT DEEP DOWN I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE MAD AT HIM ... SHOULD I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• i would....hell i'd accept an e-bay engagement ring. the ring doesn't matter to me at all
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i would be like ewwww but maybe on ur 5yrs annyversary he can get u a better one at a decent place and maybe do payments dont sweat it mommie =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i would accept a ring from one of those fifty cent machines from a pizza place, the idea is having a man who loves you for life, the ring means nothing when you think about it, i love my ring, but i wouldhave been happy with anything, i know you want to show people your married but it shouldnt matter ifyour in love and if he gave you a ring well dont be rude to him for his efforts he threw him self out there probably thinking you would think or say something like you did, good luck and be happy with what you havem life is too short to worry about the little things like that
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I accepted a twisty tie. Seriously, if you love the guy, you'll wait for that perfect ring. He gave me my ring (which was bought at walmart, 6 months later). My wedding ring was bought at jewelers but only because walmart was out of rings. We were 19 :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm allergic to gold, so I'd accept a ring from anywhere so long as it as "me" and sterling silver and a size 5. My wedding ring with my soon to be ex came from a small new age shop and my first ring (it got broken) came from Spencer's Gifts. My original engagement ring was so me and it was from WalMart, but I figured out that I was allergic to gold right after we had it re-sized. I don't care how much it costs (I don't want something extremely expensive, though), so long as I don't break out from it, it fits, and it expresses their love and understanding of me. I can't imagine ever getting mad at someone for NOT buying an expensive ring. But then I didn't grow up in a family with a ton of money, and I never had the "white dress, perfection" dream. I've always wanted a goth wedding and a wicked ring. That's just me, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If he's poor then yes I would as long as I knew he loved me.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't lol me and my husbandgit a ring at target lol it didn't matter how beautiful or ugly the ring it it's all about what the meaning is behind it he took my ring with him to afghan and wore it on his dog tags close to his heart and brought it back him self :))
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 4:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Are you marring the man or the ring?
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 4:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my fiance is the same way i got one from walmart i wasnt mad i was just so excited that he even asked or that it was even a ring
    ryansbabygurl88

Answer by ryansbabygurl88 at 4:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If it was real, why not? Jewelry store rings are so overpriced and often times no better or nicer then ones you get at stores like Walmart.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 4:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2010