Any mom's with 10-12 year old Dd's that haven't had "the talk" yet? adult content

I strongly suggest you get off the computer and go talk to her about it. She's probably wondering (even if she's too shy to ask questions) about her body.. about boys.. about sex. It's better to have an embarrassing conversation with her now, then to be clueless by the time she's 16 and ends up either pregnant or beyond the point of talking to her mom about anything.

My mom had 8 children. She never gave me that talk. The closest I came to it ever was my brother telling me that a girls a slut if she has sex before 17, but boys can have sex at 15. Most teens still believe that the withdrawal method is still a form of BC... I did and used it for four years... I could have been preggo in HS.

Please talk to her about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• my oldest DD is only 4 right now but I plan on having the talk with her when she's between 10-12...probably when she starts her period. My mom was really open with me about stuff and explained it to me in 4th grade when we had the period takl at school. It is better to talk to them younger adn give them the right informatio. My mom even told me in 8th grade that in the next few years I would gt a boyfriend and may possibly have sex and she told me that when I thought I was ready to tell her and she;d get me ion birtch control...she was a teenager once and knew that kids are going to go behind their parents back and do stuff so it was better to be safe then sorry...I;ll be the same way with my girls...I wont tell them "hey its ok to have sex" but I'll be how my mom was with me.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I started very early in her life teaching my daughter that she was special and that her body was special and that it was created to be shared with her husband and nobody else. Her daddy made her feel as special as I told her she was. I don't remember ever having sat down with her and explained to her the mechanics of sex or describing a male's anatomy or anything remotely akin to that. She knew that there were guys who would try to make her lower her standards, and she knew that she did not have to do that. When she was preparing to get married at the age of 31, I asked her if there was anything that she wanted to ask me, and she said that she and her husband had each been recommended some books by the pastor who was doing their pre-marital counselling, and that those books had answered every question that she had. You see, her now husband had spent his 31 years of life waiting for a woman like our daughter. All is well!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010