Who's right me or him...I made him leave over this adult content

He'll probably end up sleeping in his car or something.

Earlier this morning he was being an asshole and kept cutting me off and wouldn't allow me to finish a sentence, just kept repeating himself over and over, so I told him to leave. He did not leave so I grabbed his hand and tried to lead him out, like a kid. He didn't like that. I asked him to not stay where he was unwanted and give me my space and get out, we have an agreement that he leaves in arguments if needed.

Then he proceeded to get mad, he pushed me up against the wall really hard, started throwing bread at me, which was fucking ridiculous. It ended with me saying that he was an awful father for laying his hands on me and treating me this way in front of his son, otherwise he is a great father, and he teared up and left.

continued...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• im going to put most of the blame on you. yes his behavior is childish and at times abusive but you certainly need to learn to walk away well before it escalates to that point. there really is no point in continuing an argument when he begins behaving like an undisciplined 5 year old. if he cannot discuss an issue like an adult, simply tell him that the discussion is no longer productive and you will be happy to work out an agreement when he is ready to behave like an adult...then walk away. go take a bath or a walk or whatever you can do to cool down and seperate yourself from the situation. it takes two people to argue and he cant continue if you're not there. in my opinion you both behaved childishly and need to seriously work on communication both together and independently for the sake of your relationship and your own personal benefit. even if you leave, you still need to communicate well for the benefit of the children.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If he's putting his hands on you & shoving you into walls then I would've made him leave to. I think things got escalated & didn't need to get to this point over an argument but if you guys agree that he'll leave then he should have left & calmed down. Has he been violent w/ you in the past? Is this an indication of past & future abuse?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• All ya need to do is sit with him and be civilized nothing good can come out of threats or arguments. You both were wrong yes he was being rude for talking to over you but you also can't get frusteraited. Me and my husband had a problem like that and serched for help and that's what she us

expline how you feel and how he makes you feel and tell him that u were frusteraited
    . GL momma :))
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 4:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• is this your husband? does he live in this house? if so, then you are wrong for telling him to leave. even if the agreement is that if you have an argument he leaves. in my opinion because this is his house as well.

If he's not living there and you asked him to leave. then YOu are right he should leave. he should never put his hands on you. but you let him come back and stay the day so.. most likely it will happen again.

maybe finding a new way of discussing things will help. fighting never helps anything. anger is one of the worst things in relationships because it causes you to say and do things you really don't mean and if you mean them still it hurts someone who you claim to love..so it can only tear a wedge between you .. even if you stay together, that hurt never leaves entirely.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You should probably just leave him for good. This relationship sounds abusive, and the fighting in front of your son is worse for him then seeing a little less of one of his parents.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• This sounds like an angry mother trying to control a rebellious little boy. No wonder the man gets mad enough to throw bread. You should be thankful he didn't have a loaf of rocks! I do not defend his pushing you, although I can certainly understand his frustration at being treated like a naughty child. It would be helpful to know if this is your husband. If that's the case, you were very, very wrong to have treated him like this. If he's just a boyfriend, then I guess you are free to treat him any way you choose, but he is certainly not obligated to return for more of the same. This sounds like a very unhealthy relationship for the both of you, but I have to say that I could never be so cold as to make my husband sleep in the car, and neither can I imagine that I would make a bunch of rules by which he had to live or he would be the one to leave the house. Our house belongs to both of us, as does everything else we own.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i would have done the same exact thing sumtimes when my man interupts me i tell him to shut the fuck up and yell at him to let me finish.... sumtimes when hes in the wrong he tells me hes sorry or that im right hope u get things figured out... if not do whats best for u and ur son
    ryansbabygurl88

Answer by ryansbabygurl88 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• imagine that you told him to leave and something happens to him.. how would you feel? i'm not saying don't stand up for yourself.. im saying that there are alternatives to arguing. healthy relationships find ways to communicate without offending each other .
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• if you need a leave rule.. someone doesn't need the relationship. my husband wouldn't tolerate anything remotely looking or sounding like the house is just mine. he wouldn't tolerate to much yelling fighting either.. and i wouldn't put up with anything remotely close to abuse.

either leave the relationship..or work it out. one way or another...but acting like this isn't healthy for anybody.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• one thing you keep throwing a man out of his own house there are only so many nights he will be sleeping in his car.you are being silly to throw him out because he was cutting you off.(did he beat you cheat on you not take care of the kids, was he watching porn, brought a female into the house?) look over this page and look at other postings you put him out because he cut you off?grow up get off this power trip you are having let your man back in to you and his house and straighten this mess out.....
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2010