• In the Spotlight:

Bath time question

My son is 9 1/2 months old and ever since he learned to crawl he tries to crawl all over the bath tub. I keep a hand right next to him because he is slipping and sliding all over, even with a bath mat. He loves the bath which is great, I am just worried mainly about him hitting his head, not to mention actually washing him is like trying to wrestle an alligator! Any suggestions for getting him to somewhat sit still in the tub?

Sandie0819

Asked by Sandie0819 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i bathed mine in the kitchen sink. Not so much room to move around.. and I didnt kill my back leaning over the tub.
    I have one of the larger sinks.. so he had pleanty of room to splash around and still have fun with a few rubber duckies.. but was soooo much easier.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have one of those baby bath seats....it's a little plastic thing that suction cups to the bottom of the tub and the baby can sit in it but can't really go anywhere. I'm babysitting a 7 month old boy who is very active as well and this works for him. He can still splash around and you can wash him, but it keeps him safe. They're pretty cheap at the store but you can check thrift shops or craigslist for used ones.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My daughter just learned to crawl and is 9 1/2 months too she loves the bath but every since she learned she has been tryong to pull herself up on the sides so what i do is jus keep her in the middle and make sure she has lots of toys to keep her occupied.
    Anonymous

• I also bathe my 8 month old in the sink. I had a big problem with him sliding around in the bathtub. He thinks it's funny to suck on the faucet ( I usually let it slow-drip). That keeps him pretty preoccupied.
    hear_no_evil

Answer by hear_no_evil at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My 1y/o DD loves to crawl around the tub too. She scares me too. I started using the bathroom sink in front of the mirror. It keeps her busy while I clean her..
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• there are several seats that you can get, that he can sit in, i havent started shopping for one yet, as my son isnt old enough yet, but maybe a seat will help out.. people suggest bumbo but it says not for the tub, but there are several suction cupped based seats.. good luck,
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008