Negative still?

I took a pregnancy test on the day I was supposed to have my period & it was negative. I haven't had any signs of PMS but why would my result be negative? I know I should wait a couple of more days to see if I am just a little late but I have been WAY too impatient. What's the chance that even though I had sex w/my DH up to and following days of ovulation that I just miss my period but am not pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Stressing out about trying conceive can actually make you miss your period. Take another test in two weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• it would be positive if you were preg and testing the day of your period. Of course theres fluke bad tests, but generally speaking
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• dont stress
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Egg is only viable 24 hours after it is released. Sperm need to be waiting on it when it releases... ideally. The sperm can actually live for up to 5 days inside you (is that just the grossest thing ever or what!). You could have ovulated late which is why your test is neg and you haven't started your period yet, or your stress level could be delaying the start of your period.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010