Christian faith a crime?

I will start by saying I do believe in the Christian faith. IMO I am not a devote Christian tho. I sin everyday and do things God would not approve of. Not any thing crazy, just cussing, and having angry thoughts about people, things of that sort.

One thing I have noticed here on CM is A LOT of Christianity bashing. I feel as tho if I say I believe in the faith, I will get attacked and have nastiness spewed toward me.

Why is it okay for you to spew your nastiness and discuss your religious views, or lack there of, but If I do it, I am "in people's faces" and "trying to cram my religion down people's throats". Why is it okay for you to express your feelings on such matters but not me?

Why do you hate Christians' so much?

People also are always bringing up what people who CLAIMED a Christian faith did back in the Roman era, come on people really?!? Do we still hate the Germans for what happened in the Holocaust?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Religious Debate

• hot-mama ~ Again you are the one arguing about nothing. Read my above comment. Cussing many people of all sorts of walks do it. Actually some of the smartest people through out history have done it. I do act like a mom, with my kids, in my choices. Here I act like an adult and myself, which is a debater.

I get your point, you (and others) are missing the main one regarding this question. Cussing at Christians is rude ~ as in not much better than saying 'your god sucks and mine (or my big nothingness) is better'. You want Christians to be respectful and tolerant of YOUR choices, but won't be respectful and tolerant of theirs. Yes, I've seen you say you are Christian ... didn't miss that ... I'm just not seeing much of anything but angst because there are people who absolutely aren't buying what you're selling. Non believers are just as guilty of cramming down people's throats as believers.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Here we go again!  

All together now ladies - A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION IS NOT AN ATTACK!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• rolling on floor I was wondering how many answers it was going to take for this post to end up like this. IMO ihartu wasn't being offensive, you asked a ? & she answered it. You're doing exactly what you're mad @ others for doing!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think perhaps the 'idea' that they are getting attacked stems from them not being able to actually answer questions about their faith in an educated manner. I don't give a fig what you believe in, but I expect you to understand WHY you believe what you do and be able to answer the questions asked and admit to me when you can't. More and more I've come across Christians who have no idea about the history of their faith and when confronted simply spew out cookie cutter answers they've been told to say or babble on with nonsense and talk in circles because they are too afraid to admit they can't answer.

I've had discussions with people of many faiths and in my personal opinion Christians are the least intelligent when it comes to debating or even talking about the fundamentals of their beliefs.

Over and over I've been accused of bashing and attacking for simply not being able to accept the answers they give m

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Here we go again. I'm not being nasty for stating my opinions and observations. Pardon ME for expecting people to actually LEARN about what they believe in and why before walking around telling other people they should believe the same. If you can't answer the simplest questions then I think you look like a fool- that's just how I see it. All that tells me is that you are a sheep, a follower who can't think for themselves, who blindly believe what others tell them and perhaps are even too scared to actually delve deeper into your faith for fear of what you may find there. I'm not telling you to question your faith. I'm telling you that you should have enough information about it to actually answer questions from people who want to understand it. Have you ever had anyone ask you about your faith? What did you say? 'I believe because... because I just DO'? Yeah... that makes one want to be just like you...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have just noticed a lot of Christian bashing lately

No, you have noticed a lot of Christians being disagreed with and decided to call it bashing. No different than the one who keeps trying to martyr herself in the groups by running around and screaming porn when she sees a picture of a gay couple and saying people who post it are personally out to get her and bully her. She's not being bullied, and you're not being bashed, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• JuLiAnSmOmMy317... well, I'm an Atheist who used to be a Christian. I've studied with JW's , Mormons, Wiccans, Muslims, went to Catholic school and soaked up religion class for 6 years and I STILL will walk into a church and ask Pastors and Priests questions. I'm not afraid of learning or being WRONG.

Oh, I can judge whatever and whomever I want because it's not against MY personal beliefs to do so. I hold everyone to the same high standards I hold myself and I see nothing wrong with that.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I can assure you I will not let this post spin out of control, I'll will just close it before that happens.

Come on now... tell the truth, you're going to close it because it's 'out of control', you're going to close it because you can't keep up with the debating.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• That entire thought process is ridiculous ~ but it is the basis for bashing Christians.

No, it's the basis of having a religious DEBATE. In case you hadn't noticed the name of this section. If you aren't willing to debate your religion, defend your positions when they are questioned or at the very least, educate yourself about the world around you, your best bet is to stay out of Q&A.

Once more with feeling, quoting the CM community guidelines:
    When you post something, especially about a controversial topic, expect that your viewpoints and opinions may be vigorously questioned, challenged, and held up to scrutiny. If having your opinions challenged and being expected to defend your position will make you uncomfortable, please don't post about that topic.
    http://www.cafemom.com/about/community.php#debate
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• To answer your question - no it is not ok to bash Christians but it is also not ok for Christians to be rude, disrespectful and pushy.  In my experience Christians who are bashed have in most cases, asked for it.

Why is it so difficult for Christians to just accept that there are plenty of people who do not share their faith or their beliefs?  Why do they need to convince us that we are wrong and must adopt their faith?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2010