Update again!

Now, my temps has started to go up again. Yesterday it went down by a degree, now it has gone up again. AF is expected tomorrow. We'll see.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 7:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It probably depends on how much you're moving around when you get up for a quick potty break. You may want to take it any time you get up (so both at 5 and at 7) for the next cycle (if you're not pregnant) to see how that effects it. The temp at 5 should be a few points different than it would be at 7 (so if you sleep from 12-5 and take it at 5 it may be 97.0... but if you sleep from 12-7 straight and take it at 7 it'd be like 97.6, for example). I forget what the general rule of thumb is as far as adjusting it for the time. I think it's a general .1 for every 20-30 minutes, but I'm not sure. I know http://www.tcoyf.com has an option to automatically adjust it for you, and http://www.mymonthlycycle.com has a little calculator that you can use when entering in your temp for the day.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thanks!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Had some spotting this aft.; either start of period or pregnancy. Won't really know til tomorrow.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Are you taking the temp at the same time every day? And are you getting enough sleep before taking the temp?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am taking it at 7 or 7:10 as I sometimes sleep a bit past my alarm. I go to bed at 11 or midmight, usually awake at 5 or 5:30 and go back to sleep til 7:00.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Maybe I should be taking it at 5 instead? I don't always get up, but with having to urinate frequently this past week and a half, I am usually going to the bathroom at that time, then getting back to sleep til 7.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010