Did you breast feed or formula feed and WHY?

This is NOT a debate thread, please answer for yourself, and if you want to get into it, post a question over in parenting debate.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfed...better for baby and me and is much cheaper even as a working mom, pumps are cheaper than formula.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I formula fed my first three. Why? because I was never around breast feeding, knew nothing about it and though it gross. After joining CM and actually listening to BF moms and researching it for myself, I have decided to breast feed the baby I'm now expecting.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• congrats on your baby IhartU

I BF my son because it's all I know, FF just seems weird to me, like really strange, in every way possible. I BF because my baby should get the best, I need to burn some extra calories, my boobs are humongous anyway so it's not like it could get worse, its cheap, It encourages me to have a healthy diet, etc
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Don't worry Keisha613 I'm just barely seeing the weight loss benefits and my son is four months old.

I FF my first, I really don't see how anyone could find it more convenient but whatever. I FF because I was lied to the day my son was born, they said "you have inverted nipples it's impossible for you to breastfeed a baby." Is till asked for LC but they wouldn't bring her to me they said that other patients who could actually BF needed her more. I pumped what I could (which wasn't much) and cried as I tried to get every drop I could into my sons little body. My second is EBF thanks to much hard work and a lot of helpfrom two different LC's. I BF him because it never occured to me to FF with either child, this is what I grew up around, it's normal to me. It's free, thre's no cleaning or worrying about running out, and it's the best possible thing for my child.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I formula feed because it was a decision reached by my husband, my doctor and myself. And yes, my doctor was included in the discussion and knows all the issues. We did what was right for our children based on all of the facts.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Breastfed -- I just felt strongly about it... It was something inside of me I HAD TO DO!
    The day I found out i was pregnant I turned into a person I didnt think i knew I could be ... In almost an instant I turned "Granola".. The woman in me said Natural Birth is the way! Breastfeeding is the way! This is what a womans body does! It was a very deep feeling in me that said formula was not an option!
    I knew what was best for me & my baby & thats what i was going to do!
    (bf has benefits for both Mom & Baby!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• hi, i breastfeed because it is free ! and we both enjoy it...best for baby to.
    shiahsmum

Answer by shiahsmum at 8:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Breastfed, because it's better for baby

Answer by missanc at 8:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I ff my 1st. I tried to bf but she couldnt latch on and it made me really stressed, which isnt good. My 2nd I ff as well. I started to bf but she had a milk allergy and would cough and puke up everything she ate until she was switched to soy ff. With my 3rd I plan to bf and hope it goes well. I'm not going to buy any formula in the house, nor am I going to have any bottles either, that way I dont submit to the way I'm used to doing.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Breastfed my son until he was a month because it was best. I quit because I was DUMB and UNDEREDUCATED. My next kids will be nursed until they quit on their own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2010