lol, my grandma told me she FF my mom after 3months...lol

I told on my grandma to my mom, my mom was a BF mommy to me and my sister for over a year and she recommends it to everyone, she even let one of her co workers leave every couple hours to BF when she didn't have enough milk pumped.

haha so I tell my mom and she was shocked
she said she was sad, like she got jipped sp?

Anyone else think this is kind of funny

Im a BF mommy myself so I am educated on BF benefits so I get it but it's funny how she feels jipped over something that happened 34 years ago, and she would have never knew if I didn't tell her

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• awwwww!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My Grandma breasfed each of her kids for 6 weeks. That's what the doctor recommended. I think it is really weird. I mean, that's when it starts to get easier. Why stop?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Aww...poor thing. At least she did it for her kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Back inthe 20'a 30's and 40, many women employed a wet nurse to BF a child. I dont thing your mom getting jipped is funny at all. Why would you think your Mom's emotional pain was funny?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When I was born, only the "poor" people that couldn't afford formula breastfed their kids. So I was a formula baby, but it never bothered me. Now, I know better and have breastfed all 5 of my kids, but I know that my mom was doing what she truly thought was best at the time so I don't let it bother me.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my mom BF her 3 oldest children but when i came along, i was FF. the doctors told her it would be better to FF me cause i might be in and out of the hostipal alot, i was born with CHD ( congential heart defect) and she also FF my younger sister. when i had my son, he was FF too.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My grandma never hid the fact that she didn't even attempt to bf - she was a farmers wife and couldn't take the time. All her babies got cows milk from day 1. My mom bf all 3 of us til we were a year old.

MIL just told me a couple weeks ago that she never bf her babies because she wasn't comfortable doing so and it just wasn't the "in thing" at the time - both of her DDs bf (or tried - one did, one barely tried), and both of her DIL bf.

Frankly I'll support whatever my girls decide to do - it's their decision and I'll support them either way. All 4 of my kids started out bf then finished out the year on formula.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010