How many times a week do you excerise?

This does not include chasing children or walking up and down the steps cleaning/doing laundry. I'm talking taking a run, bike ride, walk, go to the gym...just for you.

momx3gx1b

Asked by momx3gx1b at 7:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I run 3 days a week (total of about 10-15 miles now- plan on upping that this fall). I cycle 2 days a week (I just got a new bike so I will probably be riding a more soon) during the week I go for an hour, weekends 2 hours- Saturdays we get a sitter for the kids and my dh and I ride together. I also take a yoga class twice a week (regular yoga- not the hot kind).

Pretty soon the hubby and I are going to start swimming together- getting ready for a sprint tri coming up this fall and neither of us are strong swimmers. Not sure how I am going to fit it in- probably go in the evenings so we can take the kids to daycare at the gym.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• everyday. cardio, running the track, strength training. i live to work out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I try to at least 3 times a week, but it's often only two.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my daughter is 7mths and we go every weekday, she goes to creche for some social contact and i do an aerobics class. we both love it.
    shiahsmum

Answer by shiahsmum at 7:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am starting tomorrow... There is a track next to my son's pre-k and I am going to go walking every morning when I drop him off, 2 miles a day 5 days a week...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 6 days a week :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Anywhere from 3 to 5 times a week, depending on my free time.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• In a typical week, I work out 5 times, about an hour each session. Some weeks I do a bit more, some a bit less if I'm not feeling well or am very busy. I'm very committed to exercise and try not to let anything get in the way. It's too easy to start making excuses about why you can't do it today. Or tomorrow, or the next day.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 6... you need at least one day of rest so that your muscles can rebuild and restrand efficiently... I run several miles as well as do Insanity DVDs.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I walk every day and lift weights a few times a week. I used to go to Yoga classes twice a week...gotta get back to that.And I bought a treadmill to use when the weather is bad.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010